Garlic & Sage Roasted Pork
Makes: 8 servings
Time to Prepare: 0:05
Time to Cook: 5:00
- 4 lb Pork Shank Half, raw
- 6 clove Garlic
- 1 tbls Ground Sage
- 1/4 tsp Table Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine garlic, sage, salt and pepper in a blender and blend until pasty.
- With the pork skin removed, rub the roast with a paste made from the garlic, sage, salt, and pepper.
- Place the pork in a roasting pan within the lower third of the oven. Roast for about 20 minutes.
- Lower heat to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and roast for 3 hours more, turning the pork occasionally for an even roast.
- Check the temperature from time to time with a thermometer. At 145 degrees Fahrenheit, the pork will take about another hour.
- Allow the pork to rest loosely covered with foil for 20 minutes before serving. Slice and serve.