Creamy Lentil & Carrot Soup
Makes: 8 servings
Time to Prepare: 0:10
Time to Cook: 1:00
- Cooking Spray
- 1 tbls Olive Oil
- 1 cup Carrots
- 1 cup Onions
- 2 cup Water
- 1 cup Lentils
- 1/3 cup White rice, long-grain
- 1/2 tsp Table Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seed
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 28 oz Canned Chicken Broth
- 8 oz Tomato Sauce, canned
- 2 cup 2% Milk, with vitamin A
- Coat a large Dutch oven with cooking spray and add oil. Place over medium heat until hot.
- Add carrot and onion; saute 5 minutes or until tender. Add water and next 7 ingredients; stir well.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Prepare a food processor bowl and add half of the lentil mixture, and process until smooth.
- Pour puree into a bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining lentil mixture. Return puree to the pan and stir in milk.
- Cook over low heat until thoroughly heated.