Baked Potato Soup
Makes: 10 servings
Time to Prepare: 0:10
Time to Cook: 0:50
- 4 large Potato
- 2/3 cup Butter, no salt
- 2/3 cup Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, bleached
- 1 1/2 quart 2% Milk, with vitamin A
- 1 dash Table Salt
- 1 dash Black Pepper
- 4 med Onions
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 16 oz Bacon, Raw
- 5 oz Cheddar Cheese
- Heat oven to 350F and bake the potatoes until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Slowly blend in flour with a wire whisk until thoroughly blended. Gradually add milk to the butter-flour mixture, whisking constantly. Whisk in salt and pepper; simmer over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Cut potatoes in half, scoop out the meat and set aside. Chop half the potato peels and discard the remainder.
- When milk mixture is very hot, whisk in potato. Add green onion and potato peels. Whisk well, add sour cream and crumbled bacon. Heat thoroughly. Add cheese a little at a time until it is all melted in. Serve hot.